Hiring an agency can be a tough decision. You may have objections. You may not be comfortable with hiring a small agency. There are many things to think about when you do decide to move forward and hire an agency, and there are plenty of questions to be asked.
Asking the right questions is the best way to start your client-agency relationship out on the right foot. For the client, asking the right questions will essential to understanding the workflow of the agency, their communication style, and the varied personalities you will be working with. For the agency, it’s important to answer these questions thoroughly to give the prospect confidence.
Not all agencies are alike, and not all are right for you. If you want to know if 2930 Creative is right for you, check out our Smart Guide.
Here are the top 30 most essential questions to ask when looking for the right agency partner.
- How does your team communicate with each other on a daily basis?
- How will your team communicate with my team?
- How often will I receive progress reports about my campaign?
- What tools do you use to create these reports, and will my team have access to them?
- What is your company’s culture like? Do you experience high employee turnover?
- Who will my account manager be, and what is their current account load like?
- Does anyone on your team use (or is anyone familiar with) our product/service?
- If you were billing hourly, instead of a retainer, what would you charge?
- Will we have access to itemized work reports and time sheets as it relates to our project?
- What are some of your strongest case studies, and may I contact references?
- How many dedicated people will be working on my account?
- What software tools will your team use to work on this campaign? Will my team have access to those tools?
- What kind of weekly time commitment can I expect your team to put in when not directly communicating with your team?
- What is an example of a time your team went above and beyond?
- What is an example of a time you feel your team may have dropped the ball, and how did you fix it?
- What is a fair turnaround time for XYZ request?
- What is your policy about on-call hours that exceed normal business hours?
- What are your net payment terms? Will you consider longer/shorter payment terms?
- If we pay within X days, will we receive a discount on our next invoice?
- Do you charge late-fee penalties, and what are those penalties if so?
- What certifications does your staff have? Special recognition, awards, or affiliations?
- What do you feel your agency does best?
- Where do you feel your agency is not as strong?
- Do you work with other vendor partners? What is your markup on their services?
- How often does your staff participate in continuing education?
- Is your company involved with networking events?
- How does your company bring in most of its business?
- What amount of time is your team willing to spend on-site with our team?
- What do you know about our company, and what questions can I answer for you?
- What is something you want me to know about your agency that has not already been covered?
If you want to ask us these questions, we’d love to answer them for you. Get on our calendar today for a 15-minute session, and let’s chat!